Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Insomnia

What a wonderful way to start a dream journal blog... with insomnia. I can't sleep. It's not that late but I had a long day so I would think I would be able to fall asleep easily. I was wrong! Anyway, I thought I would share a couple of things that may help you fall asleep. They help me fall asleep so here they are:

1- Take your dog for a long walk.
Being outside and observing the night gets me to that sleepy mood. Also, it helps me get to the right amount of tired so that I can fall asleep and lets me loose focus on the thoughts that are keeping me awake.

2- Take a hot shower.
Water is very relaxing. It feels good on my skin and will get me to that sleepy mood. The heat is good for the muscles and what not.

3- Talk to your significant other.
When I can't sleep I tend to call my boyfriend. No offense to him but sometimes he rambles on about random things that slowly lull me into a sense of calm, (or bore me to sleep). WARNING- this could backfire if the other person starts talking about interesting things or pisses you off or is already asleep themselves.

4- Drink milk or sleepy time tea.
This has worked maybe like twice.

5- Read a book.
This is probably a good option for the people who are already tired but not quite at the sleepy state. If you are wide awake then not so much.

And that is all the advice I have for now. I'm going to try to go to sleep now so that I have a dream to post tomorrow. Good night!


2 comments:

  1. The tips are fine.Once upon a time i also suffered insomnia and also tried all these tips you suggested.

    ReplyDelete